Tradesman Insurance Quotes

Electricians Insurance Cover

We can offer you Electricians Instant Quotes Online for your Public & Employers Liability Insurance.

Q:Why do I need consider Public Liability Insurance (PL)?

A:Most electricians running a professional business will need to consider different types of insurance covers, if you are a sole trader you will be visiting and working with clients in all sorts of areas. Public Liability Insurance (PL) will protect your business against any possible claims being brought against you where as an electrician, you could have through the course of your works caused anyone of the following to a third party; bodily injury, property damage or at worse death. Electricians Public Liability policy will help with the defence of any allegation brought against the electrician or business offering electrical services to clients i.e. the legal cost to appoint a solicitor to defend you against claims. In addition the electricians Public Liability policy would also pay out any damages awarded up to the level of indemnity you choose when purchasing your Public Liability policy.

Q:How much Public Liability would an electrician need to cover themselves for?

A:This rather depends on the size of your business and what type of jobs as an electrician you are performing for your clients. Most Public Liability Insurance policies start at £1,000,000.

Q:Do I require Employers Liability for my electricians business?

A:This depends on your business, if as an electrician you are operating as a sole trader you do not need to purchase Employers Liability Insurance.

Q:When do I have to have Employers Liability Insurance operating as an Electrician?

A:You must purchase Employers Liability Insurance (EL) if as an electrician you either employ full or part time staff. This is a statutory requirement, all employers are required to do this by law.

Q:What other insurances or covers does an electrician need to consider?

A:Certainly Public & Employers Liability Insurance (if applicable) are very important when protecting your business, especially with Employers Liability Insurance, if you do not purchase this cover you could be fined up to £2,500 per day!

Other covers you may need to consider are Product Liability, Tools cover, Stock, Office cover, Directors & Officers Insurance, Business Interruption and Personal Accident.

Why Choose Us?

Free Friendly Advice
20 Years PI Experience
Choice of Policies
No Call Centres
Excellent Claims Handling
Worldwide Cover
Live Link to Brokers
Renewals Welcome